poniedziałek, 25 lipca 2016

IX Family, School, Paperwork,....Visa

Hi!
I'm so sorry I haven't written for so long :( I had too much paperwork to do and some troubles with my placement.

So I officially got to know my placement on first days of June. Yeahh, I had been waiting for this information so loooong. I'll spend my exchange year in a small town of Culpeper in Virginia. it has a population about 18K so it will be very similar to my current town. I'll be attending Eastern View High School and I'm so excited while I'm thinking of it.


                                          Typically American town streets
                                                                                                                               
                                                        joks

I've also got to know my first family, but they have now some personally problems, so probably they're gonna be my second or even third family. So now my first family will be a Canadian couple which has been living in Culpeper for four years. They are incredible family. I had been chatting with them several times for 10 days. They are very kind and helpful. Lucie and Steven come from Quebec in Canada and their native languages are French and I guess English. We'll be talking in English but they told my that we can also mix it all up. They like tavelling so I hope they'll show me a bit of region. At home I'll be living with two big kitties.
Lucie told me on the next day after my arrival we will go with her and Mykelle (from my club) to the school to continue the enrollment. Mykelle told me yesterday I have to select 4 mandatory classes and 4 electives classes which I'll be having through the whole year. each day I'll be attending four classes & in next semester they'll be changed to the next 4.
I have to take Maths, History, English, Science and choose between many electives but they say my choices are limited (for example I cannot take AP classes just with honors if I want to).
I can also take extra curricular activities such as cross-country in the fall season. And that's exactly what I've chosen. On Saturday I bougth a new leggins to running so here we are :D

I'll leave Poland on August 3rd so that I have to start my preparing. I've bought so many presents-souvenirs that I have no idea how I'll pack it into my suitcase. My mom persuaded me to buy a protective belt onto my suitcase with a TSA lock. It's in LGBTQ colors so it will be big fun with that. What?? I want to be orginally. :D

But once again how it was with my flight...I asked all my coordinators from US when should I arrive cause I've got to know my school starts on August 8th. Two of them told me that the best date is between July 30th  and August 1st. Another said between August 5th and 7th would be the best choice. 2:1 So I've bought on 1st and was happy I'll be having a whole week to domestication in a new place before school starts. Next day after buying the tickets I received an email that they can pick me up from the airport between August 2nd and 5th. Whatt?? I've just bought the tickets! Noo :(
But wait, we have ordered the tickets on the website budgetair.com which offers payfree change of departure date. Great! We paid extra 25$ for an option of free change so that we can do it. And here we are! We've written an email to the crew to get to know how we can change it. Surprise! Change on the website is free but change in the systeme of airlines is very very expensive. It could cost us about 150$ but we decided to cancell my flight for 200$ and buy on the other website. And we did it! We've ordered flights on fly.pl and now we're calm about it...

When I've got all the documents from USA with unvalid guarantee form and ds-2019 I've started to fill out all the visa application. Questions were silly hahahah for example: Am I related with someone who in last 10 years took part in trading of people? Do I want to practice prostitution during my stay in USA?
We've made an appointment on July 13th. We had to leave our bags in the car and we've took only folders with documents. Coool, it was raining... But it was fine. Our visit went on about 15 minutes and small talking with consul about 2 minutes. He needed only my ds-2019, visa and sevis payment confirmation. He was really nice and asked me why I am going to US, where will I stay and who pays for that. And then I heard: Your visa has been approved! Have a nice day!


That's all for now. Keep calm and do all the paperwork, the everyhing will be alright.

Kisses, Hugs <3
Annie

3 komentarze:

  1. Hej :D Bardzo fajny post :)
    Jak tam nastrój przed wyjazdem? Mi zostało 9 dni w Polsce i szczerze mówiąc panikuję. No, ale jedziemy na przygodę życia! :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Hej, dzięki :)
      Od tej pory będzie już tylko English ;D
      Pakowanie to największy koszmar i choć robiłam pakowanie próbne, to przybyło mi sporo rzeczy typu pamiątki :/
      No i oczywiście stres. Dzisiaj może coś napiszę o pakowaniu.
      9 dni to też nie dużo. Zleci bardzo szybko

      Usuń
  2. Ja już jestem w Mississippi ! Yay życzę miłej wymiany <3 I widzę, że mieszkasz niedaleko ! Ja jestem z Zielonej Góry :)

    flawlessbananaa.blogspot.com

    OdpowiedzUsuń